About the visit
- We can provide the best experience for our visitors if they buy combined tickets in advance, or on the spot.
- The combined program of the Bükk Observatory lasts for two hours.
- In these two hours visitors can see our exhibition, the dome, and they can watch a film in the Planetarium.
- On the tickets bought online, or on the spot, you can find the presentation places and the starting times of programs. You are kindly requested to pay attention to it, and to keep your tickets until the end of your visit.
Access by car
- The observatory can be found 31 km away from the city center of Miskolc, via Lillafüred it takes about 45 minutes to get there.
- From the city center of Eger it is also 31 km far, you must leave the town in the direction of Felsőtárkány. It takes about 40 minutes to get to the observatory.
History of research and reference
The excavations and scientific studies of the site are ongoing with new discoveries and huge potentials. Even the achievements and the history of its research of the last 180 years is a valuable heritage of the geosciences.
HOW IT ALL STARTED
The application documents, in cooperation with the Kaptárkő Nature Protection and Cultural Association, were made by the Bükk National Park Directorate (BNPD), operating the starry sky park.
The Slovak-Hungarian Novohrad - Nograd UNESCO Global Geopark has two operational centers and a management body based on parity.
Study trails in Ipolytarnóc Fossils
The visitor centre is the focal point of our trail network. The Boulder-cliff and Biological trails have some risk of ticks, closed clothing and field footwear is advised when walking on them.