Access by car
- The observatory can be found 31 km away from the city center of Miskolc, via Lillafüred it takes about 45 minutes to get there.
- From the city center of Eger it is also 31 km far, you must leave the town in the direction of Felsőtárkány. It takes about 40 minutes to get to the observatory.
By public transport
- Buses leave Miskolc bus terminal on Saturdays and Sundays, at 2:20pm, and arrive at the Bükki Csillagda (observatory) stop at 3:29pm.
- Buses leave Eger bus terminal on Saturdays and Sundays at 8:30am, and arrive at the Bükki Csillagda (observatory) stop at 9:08am.
- Buses leave Miskolc bus terminal every day for Répáshuta. You must get off at the Szabadság út bus stop. It takes about 25 minutes on foot to get to the Bükk Astronomical Observatory.
- The Bükk Astronomical Observatory is also available from Budapest without transfer. You can find information at www.menetrendek.hu.
Please, consider that on the way coming from Miskolc by charter bus, in Lillafüred there is a tunnel, where buses higher than 3.8 m can’t get through!
Our guests are kindly requested to be aware of the weak signal while driving in the Bükk Mountains, and there may not be signal at all.
At the Bükk Astronomical Observatory there 28 parking places altogether available for our visitors. There is one parking place (TYPE2) for charging electric cars.
There are parking places for two buses at the same time. Our parking places are only available for the visitors of the Bükk Astronomical Observatory.